2019 BMW X5 Towing Capacity
Are you shopping for an SUV in Wilton with tons of capability, but worried about having to compromise on luxury? With the high-end 2019 BMW X5 you can tow between 6,600 and 7,200 pounds maximum, and has a payload capacity of 1,290 to 1,349 pounds. Learn more about BMW X5 towing and performance below, contact us at BMW of Ridgefield when you’re ready to experience all these features and more in person!
BMW X5 Tow Package
The BMW X5 tow package is available on both the xDrive40i trim and the X5 xDrive50i trim, so you don’t have to compromise on the features or price point of the X5 to be able to haul things around Weston. The tow package costs $550 and includes the BMW X5 tow hitch, which is a Class III trailer hitch that allows for up to 7,200 pounds towing capacity.
If you have a boat or a camper that you’ll need to haul over uneven or muddy terrain, consider the BMW X5 Off-Road Package ($3,950) for safe and convenient towing:
- Front/Rear Underguards: Underguards offer extra protection for your X5 on the rocky or bumpy terrain around Weston and Carmel.
- Two-Axle Air Suspension: With this suspension system, the vehicle can raise and lower itself by 1.6 inches when traveling at low speeds.
- Electronically-Controlled Rear Differential Lock: With the M Sport Differential, the X5 benefits from a rear-wheel locking effect that improves control during cornering.
- Four Driving Modes: These modes select the best settings for the vehicle height, AWD system, power steering, accelerator response, automatic transmission, and more. This helps you traverse sand, rock, gravel, and snow.
BMW X5 Engine Options
The 2019 BMW X5 is offered in two trims, both with standard intelligent all-wheel drive and 8-speed automatic transmission: xDrive40i and xDrive50i. Take a look at the X5 engine specs to decide which one works best for you:
- 3.0L Twin-Turbo Inline-6: This is the standard engine for the xDrive40i. It generates 335 hp and 330 lb-ft of torque. Fuel economy is 20 mpg city/26 mpg highway.
- 4.4L TwinPower Turbo V8: This upgraded engine is standard on the X5 xDrive50i trim. It produces 456 hp and 479 lb-ft of torque and earns 17 mpg city/22 mpg highway.
Test Drive the New X5 Near Carmel
Check out the competition by comparing the BMW X5 vs. Audi Q5 and see how the BMW measures up. When you’re ready to find your new BMW X5, come to BMW of Ridgefield and explore the BMW X5 interior features as well as its many other capabilities!
More About BMW X5 Features
Are you shopping for an SUV in Wilton with tons of capability, but worried about having to compromise on luxury? With the high-end 2019 BMW X5 you can tow between 6,600 and 7,200 pounds maximum, and has a payload capacity of 1,290 to 1,349 pounds. Learn more about BMW X5 towing and performance below, contact us at BMW of Ridgefield when you’re…
The 2019 BMW X5 carries its style from the exterior all throughout the cabin. Highlights include the advanced Harman/Kardon Surround Sound System and a larger panoramic moonroof for a clearer view of the stars. The X5 interior can provide optimal comfort and plenty of features to keep you entertained on Weston streets. Contact Us New…